MAKES 4 TO 6 SERVINGS
- 1 small butternut squash, cored and peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 beets, cut into wedges
- 2 onions, quartered
- 2 cups mini or fingerling potatoes or potato wedges
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin avocado oil
- sea salt
- 1 red pepper, halved and seeded
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup cubed feta cheese
- fresh rosemary sprigs, optional
Preheat oven to 400° F /200° C. Line two rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, combine squash, carrots, beets, onions and potatoes. Sprinkle oil and salt over and toss to coat. Spread the vegetables in a single layer over one or two baking sheets. Lay the two pepper halves, cut side down on one of the baking sheets.
Roast in preheated oven for 20 minutes, stirring the vegetables and turning the peppers over once. Stir rosemary and garlic into one sheet of vegetables and stir vegetables on the other sheet. Roast for another 20 to 30 minutes or until vegetables are browned and tender.
Cut roasted peppers into strips and combine with mixed vegetables in a large bowl. Add feta cheese and toss to mix. Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with rosemary sprigs if using.